24.02.2023 - The Africa we want - The Pan African Woman in focus
Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren, die folgende Veranstaltung am 24.02.2023 findet auf Englisch und ohne Übersetzung statt.
Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständis.
In this month’s episode of THE AFRICA WE WANT, Sompon Socialservices and the Young African Leaders Forumwill host a rich discussion that focuseson the “Pan African Woman.”
There is no gainsaying that considerable progress has been achieved for women in Africa, thanks in no small part to the Pan-African Women’s Organization (PAWO). Nevertheless, the results are mixed and there is still much to be done to secure full recognition of women’s rights, health issues and political and social participation. Women’s poverty is a persisting fact of life. More must be done to help people to understand the hope and the potential that women hold for Africa’s future in terms of growth, inclusion and social justice–and for the realizationof the Africa We Want.
Africa has the highest rate of female entrepreneurship in the world, and it is no coincidence that most of the 10 fastest-growing economies in the world today are in Africa. It is in Africa that gender parity in politics is spreading fastest, and the highest percentage of the world’s women parliamentarians is in Senegal, Rwanda and elsewhere in Africa. All of these women have called for resources to enable them to act, and we must support them, for everyone’s sake. This event will investigate further into African states proclivities; challenge the status quo and present an opportunity to learn from industrious African frontline warriors who are changing the narrative and promoting The Africa We Want. This is an opportunity for youths and women to learn from and connect with amazing women all over the globe.
You can register today here.
Date: February 24th, 2023.
Time: 15:00 GMT
Contact us: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
PANEL QUESTIONS COULD INCLUDE:
- What are the benefits to having women in leadership?
- What benefits have you received from your leadership experiences?
- How can we calculate the positive impacts of having women in the organization?
- What do you think is the most significant barrier to female leadership?
- Have you been in a leadership position where you were treated differently than your colleagues? Better or worse?
- What’s the most dangerous behavior/traitthat you have seen derail female leaders’ careers?
- Do you experience resistance when you are leading men?How do you deal with it?
- How can women navigate power structures?
- How did you navigate power structures EARLY in your career versus LATER in your career when you had a more formal leadership role?
- How do you push for systemic change around ideas that are new or not that popular?
- Have you ever felt the imposter syndrome, and if so how did you navigate your way through it?
- What is the best way to negotiate salary and scope of work?
- How do you encourage women to not give up?
- How do you balance career, personal life and passions? Is there such a thing as balance?
- How important is it to have a mentor to grow as a leader?